This division of GKN, consisting of six separate businesses in six different countries, had been under-performing for some time and was initially floated for sale. After failing to attract buyers for all six, the new CEO was tasked with improving the performance of the division.
ChallengeThe most urgent need was to give the business leaders and their senior teams the confidence to set far more ambitious targets for both turnover and bottom-line performance.
- Investment in Excellence® with senior leaders.
- Facilitator training to build capacity in each of the countries for further Investment in Excellence® roll-out.
- Sales increased by 29% in three years. Operating profit in that time more than doubled.
- Achieved energy reductions of 26%.
- Investment in Excellence® completed by leaders within five of the six sites with a 92% approval rating for the program.